Saturday, July 2, 2011

Just when I thought it was safe...they suck me back in!

There are a few movies that if I see them while flipping channels I will automatically discontinue whatever I'm doing and watch them.

They are not the best movies that I have ever seen but for some reason they suck me right in.

Like what?

I, Robot
The Day After Tomorrow
The Hunt for Red October
Speed
Men In Black
The Abyss

and

Independence Day 





President Whitmore's Independence Day Speech
  
I love this speech. I think Bill Pullman did a great job selling it. I would have done whatever he had asked of me after this speech, including but not limited to, flying a jet into an alien spaceship.


And I do love Will Smith, LOVE (he is in the list a lot), but I thought Jeff Goldblum stole this movie. It's not even the lines they give him it's the delivery. And he even had some great swagger going on at the end. 

All in all, fun movie and they will most likely air it on Monday some time and I'm bound to get stuck watching it.



On the movie note...a bunch of us went to see Transformers 3 at the Drive-In. It was a blast.


I hope you all have a safe and fun filled Independence Day.

Don't forget to thank a soldier or a vet for our wonderful freedom.

Heather

9 comments:

  1. Same here... don't forget: Back to the Future, Tomb Stone and Die Hard. I can never stop watching them, and the worst part is, I have them all on DVD but I’ll sit and watch them on TV instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your list and do the same thing (i, robot!!)
    i would add inception which is recent, but i've done it twice, have you seen it? (and matrix, but that might just be me)

    and re: will smith, i feel the same way, but legend was too sad and hancock was too wtf?!

    happy sparkler day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun at Transformers III! Who can resist The Hunt For Red October? I mean, really? And The Abyss? Awesome movie!
    Now I wonder if the movie channels are playing Independence Day this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about the ID speech - I get goose bumps and misty eyed every time I watch that. I think Pete has that on DVD...gonna pop it in now! :-D

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff - Die Hard, definitely! And you reminded me about The Fifth Element!

    Tara - Have not seen Inception yet. Not big on DiCarprio but heard the movie was good.
    I agree about Will. Not everything he is in will I watch over and over. Happy 4th to you too!

    Alex - I got the idea to see TIII from you!
    I will never forgive Baldwin for not doing the other Clancy movies. He's an idiot.
    I bet they will show Independence Day on Monday. How could they not?

    K - Great movie! Missed you here. Hope you had a nice visit with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh. My wife gets SOOOOOO mad at me when I watch Independence Day. I must be coming up on 50 times. So what's another, right?

    Have a GREAT holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a bunch of movies that I will watch no matter what, too, several of them on your list. Who can help but watch Independence Day? I agree that Jeff Goldblum was great in the movie. I think he stole the show in Jurassic Park, as well. There are several 80's movies I'll watch any time, and Romancing the Stone is one I can't help but watch.

    Tina @ Life is Good
    and I are joining forces in another challenge. We're going to visit and comment at each of the participants, starting with the reflections post. We hope you'll join us!

    Shannon @ The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar list, but completely different movies. I haven't seen most of yours. Including Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bryce - Thank you! I actually missed the movie!!

    Shannon - Romancing the Stone is always good. When they were at their prime! Thanks for stopping in.

    Rhonda - What is on your list?

    HMG

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.