Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Do you know what is pathetic?

Do you know what is pathetic? 

Pathetic is doing the dishes instead of writing today.

I did lots and lots of dishes.

If there was ever a chore I hate more than dishes, I have yet to find it. I mean, I have some nasty chores around here. Two litter boxes for the cats. Tons of laundry. Two men to clean up after in the bathroom. And I still hate dishes the most although I'm not really sure why.

So, when I opted to do the dishes instead of writing I just knew it was going to be a bad day.



Had a really full but pleasant long weekend. Saw lots of friends on Saturday. Watched the husband's softball game on Sunday. Went to the Memorial Day parade on Monday. Then off to see some more friends.

Really, who could ask for more than that. Lucky, that is what we are. Lucky to have so much and we are thankful for it. 

Anyone else get to enjoy a parade?

5 yr. old with his father's uniform hat.

3 comments:

  1. No parade, but I attended special Memorial Day programs on Sunday and Monday. One was at National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (Punchbowl). So many beautiful floral wreaths, even one sent by President Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No parade here either, but I spent the weekend with my family. And got to spend a few hours revising solitude---what more could one want?
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail - That sounds so amazing. Very cool of you to share with me!

    Jeff - That sounds just about perfect. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.