Tuesday, April 19, 2011

P is for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month - A to Z Challenge



April is Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month. 

The ASPCA, and numerous other local animal shelters, encourage the public to show their awareness by wearing or displaying orange for their 'Go Orange for Animals' campaign. 

Animal abuse and neglect includes failure to provide sustenance of food, water, grooming and veterinary care, adequate and proper clean shelter, abandonment whether on the street, in a public or private place! 

Tell your family, friends and neighbors to become part of this campaign to improve the lives of animals everywhere and 'if you see something, say something' to prevent animal abuse and neglect.

Go Orange for Animals!
---

If you are still reading you can help me wish a Happy Birthday to my nephew, Andrew!



7 comments:

  1. Good on you for using P for such a good cause. Thanks Heather. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will gladly wear orange and tell people why =) Thanks for telling us.

    Happy bday to your nephew!
    Happy P day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get something orange. I am a total advocate for cruelty to animals. It's abominable how humans can be so cruel to our fellow creatures.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting this! The entire point of my A to Z blogfest is exactly for this purpose (except for the letter N, in which I make a ton of excuses for myself...). I know beliefs vary wildly the world around regarding the treatment of animals. Whether you choose to observe this by bringing cruelty to animals into the light, or by making significant lifestyle changes by volunteering for animal rights organizations or omitting certain products from your diet and wardrobe, you're still making a positive contribution. My philosophy is that every living organism deserves the same basic right to live peacefully without unnecessary pain and strife.

    Except plants and fungi. I have no problem eating plants and fungi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great post. It is so important to take care of those who are unable to take care of themselves. Animals are vulnerable and need this care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cause to talk about! It pains me when I hear these stories about how horrible people treat their animals. I'll be sure to don my orange this month. Thanks!

    And Happy Birthday to your nephew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. I don't think I'm very popular with my Public Service Announcements but so be it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.